Why should you help the fight to stop seizures, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy?
- Approximately 190,600 people in Missouri and Kansas are living with epilepsy.
- One in 3 adults knows someone with epilepsy.
- Anyone can have a seizure at any time.
- Epilepsy is fourth most common neurological disorder after stroke, Alzheimer's and migraines.
- Epilepsy impacts children, adults and entire families.
- Epilepsy can change lives, impede development, affect learning, cause accidents, and even result in early death.
Board of Directors:
Help advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of the Epilepsy Foundation of Missouri & Kansas so as to support the our mission and needs.
Special Event Committee:
Strengthen or learn new skills such as event planning and fundraising. Members of each event committee will assist in planning event logistics, recruit volunteers and participants, solicit auction and raffle donations, seek corporate sponsorships, etc.
Special Event Volunteer:
Volunteers are primarily needed the day of the event to help setup & run event (registration, check out, info booths, etc); organize auction/prize items; help tear down & clean up. If volunteers would like to help prior to the event, we need help soliciting donations for prizes and auctions and recruiting participants.
Includes but is not limited to: assembling binders for training programs; organize and file post-training paperwork; collect contact information for potential program sites; search for potential partnerships with other organizations for training opportunities; compile list of community resources in rural areas of Missouri and Kansas; enter contact data; assist with other projects as needed.